Highland Youth Garden
2014 at the
- 3500 lbs of Produce
- 40 different varieties
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Growing to Green Program Education Garden of the Year
- 14 neighborhood kids in garden Saturdays and after school from April to November
- 4H garden club
- More than 400 children's lives were influenced by the Garden
- Weekly lessons in the Garden from April to October for the Columbus Bilingual Academy (K-7) as well as kindergartners and learning disabled students from Highland Elementary
- Monthly cooking in the garden, with dishes created by the kids who ventured through the rows and raised beds, figuring out what they could turn into a slaw, salad, salsa, soup, stew, or even dessert.
- Food distributed to school children and families, neighbors, and the Community Kitchen
- We were able to hire a garden educator and and garden helper!
- Harvest festivals for Highland Elementary and Columbus Bilingual Academy
- Native American Culture Saturday for Neighbors and kids
- The American Horticulture Society Conference visit (July)
- Monthly neighborhood events